Guide to underwater ruins in Minecraft

January 14, 2023

Guide to underwater ruins in Minecraft

You can find Minecraft structures in many locations in the game. These structures are great places to explore, and they can be rewarded with valuable items. Some structures in Minecraft can also be found underwater. One example is the 'ocean ruin'.

These structures are new to the game in the 1.13 update. They were added on July 18, 2018. These structures are also known as underwater ruins by Minecraft users.

Everything you need to know about Ocean Ruins in Minecraft

They can be found wherever they are.

Ocean ruins can only be created in ocean biomes, as players will see from the name. They can be created above the surface, or buried on the ground.

Cold ocean ruins are found in normal, cold, and frozen ocean biomes. Warm ocean ruins may be found in warm, warm, or deep lukewarm biomes.

There are many variations, sizes and common blocks

There are three main types of ocean ruins in Minecraft: brick, cracked, or mossy. You can also choose from two sizes: small and large. There are 70% chances that small ruins will be formed, while 30% of large ruins could be formed.

There is a 90% chance that 4-8 small ruins will form around a large ruin. Stone bricks, gravels, prismarine and magma are some of the most common blocks found in ocean ruins.

In addition to the usual aquatic mobs that are found in the biome near the ruin, there may be up to four drowneds. They will most likely be fighting them if the player wants to steal loot from the ruin's chests. Drowned zombies can only spawn in rivers and ocean biomes.

The loot that it contains is what makes the structure so exciting. Every ocean ruin contains a loot box. The contents of loot chests can vary depending on the size and location of the ruin.